Monday, March 21, 2011

LEARN TO REST IN GOD!

"My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest". Exodus 33:14 

Has success brought pressures you cannot cope with? Has the thing you celebrated yesterday got you all stressed out today? We think we know what we want, because we see it in somebody's life. But God knows what we need - what we can live with and not fall apart. When God says, "No" it is because He sees down the road. Children do not know what they do not know. Their favourite word is "gimme". When we were tiny and do not get it, we stomp our feet and throw a fit. When we were in our teens and do not get it, we rebel and think, "You are ruining my life". When we are older and wiser, we say, "Thank God Mom and Dad said no". Be careful what you pray for, you just might get it. 

Here are some sobering words for fast trackers: "Then believed they his words; they sang his praise (but) they soon (forgot) his works; they waited not for his counsel: but lusted exceedingly in the wilderness ... and he gave them their request; but sent leanness into their soul" (Psalm 106:12 - 15). Wow! Materially enriched, but spiritually impoverished. That is a battle you will fight too! Are you experiencing lean times in your soul? If you are and you know it, you are blessed. You can still do something about it. It is when you do not know it that you are in trouble. You say, "Is God asking me to leave my job or sell my big house?" No, He is telling you, you are out of balance. "Where do I find the answer?" God whispers, "My Presence shall go with thee and I will give thee rest". Learn to rest in God!

No comments: