Every day you live you are in the process of becoming. What you become, however, depends on what you give yourself to. So consider these 7 steps:
- By making a commitment to grow daily, it will not be long before you begin to see real change.
- Value the process more than the product. Certain events may be helpful in making your decision, but it is going through the process that matures you into what God wants you to be.
- Do not wait for inspiration. Sometimes you can run on excitement, but most times only commitment will carry you through.
- If you are willing to pay now you will enjoy the rewards later, and those rewards always taster sweeter.
- Do not limit God. By focusing on your limitations you magnify them. The God who lives within you is able to do "exceeding abundantly above all that we can ask or think" (Eph 3:20).
- Learn to master your time. Since you cannot recover lost time, make every moment count. What difference does a few minutes make? A lot! If you save 5 minutes each day by streamlining your morning routine, 10 by eliminating things you do to keep from starting your day, 5 by avoiding talkers or other distractions, and 10 by taking a shorter lunch break - you will gain an additional 125 hours a year. That is 40-hour work weeks to use for anything you want. And you can double that by watching 30 minutes less of television each day.
- Life is filled with decisive moments when you have to trade one thing for another. Always trade up, not down. Want to fulfill your God-given assignment? Follow these steps!