Do you need a miracle? Read the story of Jesus turning water into wine. Notice what Mary said to the attendants at the wedding reception: "Do whatever [Jesus] tells you." Do it, even though:
- You are not in the right place. They were at a wedding, not a church, when Jesus performed this miracle. Some of our greatest blessings will be at "other places" if we will just be sensitive and obedient to God.
- You have got a lot of problems. They did run out of wine for their guests. How embarrassing. Too often our problems drive us away from Jesus instead of to Him. Miracles begin when we focus on God's power instead of our problems.
- You are not being encouraged. When Mary turned to Jesus for help He tested her faith saying, "Dear woman, why do you involve me...My time has not yet come" [Jn 2:4]. But she passed the test. Instead of being discouraged Mary laid hold of the possibility of a miracle, believed God and received one.
- You have not walked with Christ very long. The attendants who obeyed Jesus had just met Him. And His disciples had just started following Him. Yet they were all expected to obey Him. So are you?
- You have not yet seen Him work miracles in your life. This was Jesus' first miracle. They had to obey Him without the faith that comes from a previous track record. That is always challenging.
- You do not understand the process. Why pour water into empty containers? Answer: give Jesus what you have got and He will give you back what you need. That is how to experience the miraculous!