Monday, September 5, 2011

SURRENDER IT!

"Trust in the Lord." Proverbs 3:5

Ever notice how much energy it takes to keep a tight grip on something? Come on, you know what you are holding on to, don't you?  You are in turmoil because you cannot control the people or circumstances in your life.  Hey, release your grip.  Go ahead: surrender it to God.  You will be amazed at how much more energy you will have, and how much easier life will be.  Once you make the choice to surrender it to God, your hardest days become your easiest.  A. W. Tozer wrote: "Father, my cowardly heart fears to give up its toys.  I cannot part with them without inward bleeding, and I do not try to hide from you my terror of the parting.  I come trembling, but I do come.  Please root from my heart those things which I have cherished so long and which have become a   very part of my living self, so that you may enter and dwell there without a rival."  You say, "Surrender what?"
  1. Your Position! Place it all before your God.  Find your security, your identity and your contentment in Him.
  2. Your Plans! Plan wisely, but be ready for God to rearrange things and take you along paths that may be uncomfortable for you.
  3. Your Relationships!  Nothing this side of Heaven is permanent, including relationships.  Enjoy the time you have with your loved ones, but avoid the temptation to cling.
  4. Your Anxieties!  If your emotions are wrapped around some issue involving a possession, a job, a particular expectation or a relationship, you are not fully relying on God.  No, you are still clinging to lesser things.  Stop.  Let it go! You are delaying the surprise God has waiting for you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm very true, we have 2 learn 2 trust him always 4 d best. Most of d time am anxious 4 results and get worried wen dey don't come in my own time but times dat I let dem go dey come wen I least expect! Well said Linda very true! Thanks 4 d reminder again

Anonymous said...

Thanks Anonymous.